Community is so important when working in health care. We need to rely on each other and support each other. Not only emotionally but also intellectually. Facebook Live is a great new way for us to meet up!
Once a week let’s meet and talk about practice tips, legislation, and everything else under the sun. I’ve been going live Tuesdays at 4:30. But I want to hear from you! So let me know when you are free and if there is a time that would work better.
So far we have discussed details about nurse practitioners in private practice and what to consider before going into private practice.
Let’s keep talking about Facebook!
Facebook is a great tool for setting up a business presence in your community. So many of our clients are on Facebook! And the best thing about a business page is that it’s free for you to set up!
- On the left of your home screen there is a bunch of links under the title ‘Explore’
- One of these links is called ‘Pages’
- Facebook will then show you all the pages that you have liked and are following.
- At the very top of the screen there should be a button called ‘Create a Page’
- You will then be asked to choose what kind of page you want to make. Each type of page has different permissions on what you can do and how it will be displayed to the people around your business!
- My local practice is on ‘Local Business or Place’ Page. But I know a super awesome dietician who set up her page as an ‘Artist, Band or Public Figure’. There are two other settings that might also work for you. ‘Company, Organization, or Institute’ might work if you are running a larger clinic with other health professionals. Or ‘Cause or Community’ if your work is really based on helping your local community with groups and other movements.
- Once you click on the one you want, you will be asked a few questions like: what your page is called, where do you practice (location of your business), and phone number.
- Then BOOM you have your very own facebook page! Congratulations you have moved forward again with your dream of having your own private practice.
There are more details that you will want to add to your page. But there are too many options to talk about in this one little post! Instead, you can join the EHIS Social Media Design Group to building a facebook page for your business.
Make a great day!